Become a LUMA Teaching and Learning Partner
Join our global community of Teaching + Learning Partners who innovate everywhere.
We believe any individual, team, and organization has the potential to innovate, but may not know how. That’s where we come in. LUMA was created around a clear purpose: to empower everyone to make things better. We act as a catalyst – not a consultancy – and we’re guided by three things: our System, our partnerships with organizations, and our beliefs and values.
The LUMA System offers a framework of human-centered design methods that equips people to be more innovative in their daily work. It’s the most practical, flexible, and scalable system in the world. And we’re looking for world-class innovators to help teach our system of human-centered design.
How to become a T+L Partner
- Apply: Join alongside the next cohort of future Teaching + Learning Partners.
- Learn: Get up to speed on LUMA’s heritage, the System, and our offerings.
- Prepare: Team up with fellow Partners to create a training pathway that meets you where you are and prepares you for success.
- Practice: Co-teach with our members of our global community to demonstrate your skills.
- Teach: Lead cohorts through our programs, inspiring and supporting innovation through the LUMA System everywhere!
At LUMA, our Partners are:
- Knowledgeable and articulate. They have a wealth of experience to pull from, combined with excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. They understand how to tailor messages to all levels of an organization.
- World-class innovators and teachers. They work with clients to establish and nurture a culture of human-centered design, leveraging the LUMA System of Innovation.
- Forward thinkers. They are focused on “future of work” enablement.
- Humble and collaborative. They are good listeners and good “bandmates” who enjoy working with each other.
- Empathetic by nature. They build extraordinary client relationships by delivering high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences. We champion a human-centered approach in everything we do.
- Flexibility: Work as often or as rarely as you’d like by taking full control of your schedule.
- Resources: Access to flexible and versatile design frameworks through our digital platform, LUMA Workplace®.
- Share your knowledge: Flex your expertise through coaching and mentoring budding practitioners in all industries.
- Development opportunities: Enjoy routine development opportunities cultivated by LUMA to help you grow.
- Join a community: Foster connections by teaching alongside leading innovators in a multitude of sectors around the world.
- Travel: Explore new places with in-person program deliveries, when travel resumes.
What will I do?
- As an independent contractor, you will introduce and teach the LUMA System to those who are new to human-centered design or design thinking.
- Create an engaging experience for different audiences with varying levels of interest and experience.
- Help participants make connections back to their daily work; encourage application of the LUMA System to people’s professional and personal challenges.
- Listen to participants share stories of their application of the LUMA System and provide guidance on LUMA Method mechanics, facilitation tips, and how to engage others in the organization.
- Work with other instructors to deliver multi-day experiences; both online and in-person.
What experience, skills, and qualities would be ideal?
- Accomplished design thinking professional with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience applying human-centered design to your work; in an organizational context is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ of teaching experience.
- Experience coaching others how to apply human-centered design to their day-to-day work.
- All Teaching and Learning Partners must maintain a valid business entity.
- Experience with virtual communication technology platforms, collaboration tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Want to make things better with us?