Are you someone who wants to make things better?
LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. We believe any individual, team or organization has the potential to innovate, but may not know how.
As a LUMA UX Designer, you will conceive, design and deliver new functionality to support the users of LUMA’s offerings.
What will I do?
- Contribute to the definition, prioritization, and production of LUMA’s digital product offerings.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of customer needs, service design, user-centered design, and visual design skills to translate user requirements into a design vision and actionable delivery plan.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, and Business Growth teams to deliver exceptional quality experiences.
- Working with design researchers, utilize research methods to analyze, observe, and develop a deep understanding of customer and user needs.
- Translate internal and external research and insights into models, diagrams, wireframes, and product schematics to gain a shared understanding of potential paths forward.
- Contribute to iterative high-fidelity prototyping of user interfaces.
- Assist efforts to assess, track, and measure user behavior over time via ethnographic, participatory, and evaluative research methods as well as quantified data and other analytics.
- Act as a consistent champion for the customer, translate customer needs and priorities into measurable projects.
- Embrace experimentation and design constraints.
- Collaborate relentlessly with team members and other functional groups, both in person and remotely.
What experience, skills and qualities would be ideal?
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in a User Experience Design role
- Bachelor’s Degree in human-computer interaction, interaction design, UX design, website design, design thinking, or related field
- Ability to launch product designs on a regular basis
- Experience with Human-Centered Design, Agile methodologies, Double Diamond design approach, and Design Sprints
- Experience with statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis preferred
- Experience designing, executing, and evaluating usability tests and user research sessions
- Ability to engage closely with the Engineering team to determine the best technical implementation methods and schedule
- Previous experience designing consumer facing SaaS products is preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Experience working with Apple/Mac/iOS devices/operating systems, as well as Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software
- A deeply user-centered work ethic
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- Understanding of design as an approach to problem-solving
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment needed for your role
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here.