Are you someone who wants to make things better?
LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work.
The LUMA Sr. DevOps Engineer will work with software developers to automate code deployments, and support application infrastructure for LUMA Workplace, along with our future digital product offerings.
What will I do?
- Manage and optimize code configuration management tools. CI/CD tools, application monitoring, and automated database, code, and infrastructure pipelines.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure.
- Maintain and actively harden infrastructure while understanding strategies for providing high-availability and security.
- Work with the Design, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and IT teams to architect, implement, and maintain automated software installs on multiple environments, production deployments, and infrastructure needs to support a secure CI/CD strategy.
- Serve as a thought leader and partner to security, compliance, engineering, and architecture teams.
- Participate in defining the overall technology roadmap.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and propose solutions to engineering, security, and infrastructure related issues.
- Participate in, and/or lead application identity integration discussions with clients using SAML 2.0.
- Resolve incidents, outages, and be part of an on-call rotation.
- Support internal IT team, infrastructure, and applications.
What experience, skills and qualifies would be ideal?
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a DevOps, DevSecOps, or Infrastructure role supporting a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) technology stack.
- Proven experience identifying constraints/bottlenecks in software engineering lifecycles, and automating them.
- Experience with infrastructure as code configuration management tools.CI/CD tools, application monitoring, and automated database, code, and infrastructure pipelines.
- Expert knowledge with CI/CD and DevSecOps best practices.
- Past participation with security assessments and/or 3rd party audits. SOC2 experience preferred.
- Expert in at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Experience with source code management tools; Git and GitHub preferred.
- Comfortable with Linux and Mac platforms.
- Experience with Containerization, Terraform and Docker.
- Single sign-on integrations experience; SAML 2.0 preferred.
- Proven ability and experience supporting Enterprise and/or consumer-facing SaaS software products.
- Proven experience with cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-service platforms- such as AWS.
- Agile methodologies experience- and participating in an Agile team.
- Acts as a champion for DevOps and Security best practices.
- Cloud-native and automation mindset.
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- Understanding of design as an approach to problem-solving
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries, generous benefits, and great perks.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume and cover letter. This position requires excellent writing skills; your cover letter and resume are very good opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute is the only company in the world dedicated fully – and solely – to empowering individuals, teams and organization to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation – a unique and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
We offer custom innovation programs for large organizations, acclaimed public workshops in cities worldwide, and a unique digital platform, LUMA Workplace, used by innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents. We work with organizations of all types, sizes and sectors – business, government, non-profit and education. LUMA’s vision is simple –to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills, and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services, and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf