Why you should join LUMA
- Are you someone who wants to make things better?
- Do you love creating well-designed experiences for others?
- Want to learn the most practical, flexible, and versatile approach to innovation in the world?
- How do you feel about working remotely, receiving a monthly stipend to maintain your home office, and having your healthcare benefits fully covered by your employer?
If this resonates with you, we want you to be part of our team!
LUMA empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System, a unique framework for human-centered design. LUMA equips people to be creative, collaborative problem solvers through our world-class learning programs and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. Our aspiration is to equip 1 million people in the next 5 years to be confident and capable designers doing their best, most inspiring work. Join us! Let’s make things better, together.
How you will contribute
- Manage and optimize code configuration management tools. CI/CD tools, application monitoring, and automated database, code, and infrastructure pipelines.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure.
- Maintain and actively harden infrastructure while understanding strategies for providing high-availability and security.
- Work with the Design, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and IT teams to architect, implement, and maintain automated software installs on multiple environments, production deployments, and infrastructure needs to support a secure CI/CD strategy.
- Serve as a thought leader and partner to security, compliance, engineering, and architecture teams.
- Participate in defining the overall technology roadmap.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and propose solutions to engineering, security, and infrastructure related issues.
- Participate in, and/or lead application identity integration discussions with clients using SAML 2.0.
- Resolve incidents, outages, and be part of an on-call rotation.
- Support internal IT team, infrastructure, and applications.
What you need to know
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a DevOps, DevSecOps, or Infrastructure role supporting a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) technology stack.
- Proven experience identifying constraints/bottlenecks in software engineering lifecycles, and automating them.
- Experience with infrastructure as code configuration management tools.CI/CD tools, application monitoring, and automated database, code, and infrastructure pipelines.
- Expert knowledge with CI/CD and DevSecOps best practices.
- Past participation with security assessments and/or 3rd party audits. SOC2 experience preferred.
- Expert in at least one scripting language (Python preferred).
- Experience with source code management tools; Git and GitHub preferred.
- Comfortable with Linux and Mac platforms.
- Experience with Containerization, Terraform and Docker.
- Single sign-on integrations experience; SAML 2.0 preferred.
- Proven ability and experience supporting Enterprise and/or consumer-facing SaaS software products.
- Proven experience with cloud-based Infrastructure-as-a-service platforms- such as AWS.
- Agile methodologies experience- and participating in an Agile team.
- Acts as a champion for DevOps and Security best practices.
- Cloud-native and automation mindset.
Things that might help
- Understanding and/or willingness to learn design as an approach to problem-solving
- Being human-centered in your approach to all things
- Experience working in a global business environment
Salary & benefits
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries and great benefits. We offer full medical coverage to employees and their families, generous paid time off (PTO), dedicated PTO to volunteer with a cause of your choice, flexible work schedules, employee-directed financial donations to charitable organizations, and more!
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute was created around a clear purpose: to empower everyone to make things better. LUMA is dedicated to helping individuals, teams, and organizations innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the “LUMA System of Innovation,” a unique and scalable system of human-centered design. We have reached innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents through our custom innovation programs for large organizations, public workshops that are open to all, and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace. We work with organizations of all types, sizes, and sectors – business, government, nonprofit, and education. Let’s make things better, together.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural, and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills, and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services, and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability – The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination.
EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish. To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf