Are you someone who wants to make things better?
LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work.
Help define the LUMA product and technology project roadmap by working with LUMA digital offerings to optimize the customer and user experience.
What will I do?
- Design and deliver high-quality scalable features for LUMA’s digital product offerings.
- Apply knowledge of information architecture, usability principles (ex. User interface standards, tools and industry guidelines), and technical architecture.
- Act as a consistent champion for the customer, translate customer needs and priorities into measureable projects.
- Define project and story requirements, including effort estimates.
- Recognize scope creep.
- Embrace experimentation and design constraints.
- Ship code, including: apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Review code and releases code on time.
- Responsible for code quality and adherence to technical standards.
What experience, skills and qualifies would be ideal?
- Minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience in a software engineer role.
- Ability to code consumer-facing software products.
- Prior technical architecture design participation.
- Experience with engineering systems such as SaaS, Ruby, Java, c#, Ember, or React; along with building complex distributed systems
- Full stack application development and distributed applications experience.
- Experience with source code management tools; Git preferred.
- Solid Linux and Mac skills.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Heroku.
- Agile methodologies experience, and participating in an Agile team.
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- Understanding of design as an approach to problem-solving
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work arrangement, including the possibility of regular work-from-home days
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment needed for your role
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.