LUMA Institute (“LUMA”) empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work through a unique framework for human-centered design we invented called the LUMA System. LUMA supports leading organizations around the globe to use the LUMA System and equip individuals, teams, and their entire organizations to be creative, collaborative problem solvers through our world-class learning programs and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. Our aspiration is to equip 1 million people in the next 5 years to be confident and capable designers doing their best, most inspiring work. Join us! Let’s make things better, together.
Why you should join LUMA:
- Are you someone who wants to make things better?
- Do you love creating well-designed experiences for others?
- Want to learn the most practical, flexible, and versatile approach to innovation in the world?
- How do you feel about working remotely, receiving a monthly stipend to maintain your home office, and having your healthcare benefits fully covered by your employer?
If this resonates with you, we want you to be part of our team!
LUMA is currently seeking a Senior Program Director to lead the continued growth of the company. LUMA defines Senior Program Directors as amazing and inspiring people who are:
- World-class designers, innovators, and business partners. Working with clients around the world to establish and nurture a culture of human-centered design.
- Enterprising by nature. They blend ingenuity with business acumen. They enjoy identifying, shepherding, and executing on new business opportunities.
- Extraordinary relationship managers. They take pleasure in building strategic partnerships and being attentive to the day-to-day needs of clients and partners.
- Knowledgeable and articulate. They have a wealth of experience to pull from, combined with excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. They understand how to tailor messages to all levels of an organization.
- Humble and collaborative. They are good listeners and “bandmates” who enjoy working with each other to seek the best possible outcome.
How you will contribute:
- Deliver high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences from ideation to negotiation and through delivery and sustained relationship management.
- Translate clients’ needs, crafting, negotiating and delivering engaging and effective programs and learning experiences that demonstrate the relevance and effectiveness of the LUMA System.
- Manage multiple large, complex relationships while incubating new business simultaneously within a diverse portfolio.
- Collaborate with teams that influence product, design, and technology to improve and evolve our product offerings to meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Coordinate with internal support in finance and operations to support sound business practices.
- Drive sales/revenue with agreed upon goals/targets.
- Serve as a LUMA lead instructor, facilitator, and coach when called upon to enhance LUMA’s training delivery potential.
- Travel approximately 30% of the time when safe to do so.
What you need to know:
- You must have at least 5 years of experience working in a design, innovation, account management or a business development related role, potentially with some expertise in establishing and leading programs that have helped organizations build a competence in human-centered design.
- You must practice and be competent in the fundamentals of human-centered design or design thinking.
- You must exhibit strong partnership acumen, expertly working internally across LUMA as well as within our client’s organizations to drive to successful outcomes.
- You must have strong negotiation skills, with an ability to establish and strengthen client relationships over time, maximizing value for our clients and for LUMA, as well as maintain a high client retention rate.
- You are a skilled design thinking practitioner with deep expertise planning and facilitating high-profile engagements, often while taming complexity and operating within ambiguous environments.
Things that might help:
- You have strong relationship management skills, resulting in a win/win for the client and your respective organization.
- Your past projects show how your solution changed an existing situation into a preferred one.
- You have past experience and clear examples of teaching, facilitating, and/or leading others toward lasting change.
- You have experience working within a culture to create systematic change.
- You have the ability to close business.
- You have experience with large, bureaucratic organizations, including working with government agencies at the local, state and federal levels.
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute was created around a clear purpose: to empower everyone to make things better. LUMA is dedicated to helping individuals, teams, and organizations innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the “LUMA System of Innovation,” a unique and scalable system of human-centered design. We have reached innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents through our custom innovation programs for large organizations, public workshops that are open to all, and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace. We work with organizations of all types, sizes, and sectors – business, government, nonprofit, and education. Let’s make things better, together.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural, and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills, and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services, and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability – The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination.
EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish. To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf