LUMA Institute offers world-class Design Thinking training and resources to clients around the globe, including some of the world’s most innovative companies. We have ambitious plans for growth and are building a marketing team to help drive acceleration and customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a flexible and versatile professional to join our team as Marketing Coordinator. We need a creative thinker who can work collaboratively to help shape our marketing roadmap while juggling hands-on responsibilities as we build our marketing operations.
What will I do?
As we build the team, this role will help shape LUMA’s plan and tactics with a particular focus on inbound marketing. This position will:
- Administer website content — collaborate to develop and produce new content, update existing content
- Collaborate on social media strategy and engagement for platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; research, draft and post content
- Coordinate email marketing and marketing automation
- Track and analyze marketing metrics, particularly for websites, social media, email marketing and marketing automation
- Help screen and re-direct incoming marketing inquiries and opportunities
- Support the Marketing team with a variety of administrative tasks as needed
- Participate in early morning or evening calls with international colleagues and clients as needed
What experience, skills and qualities would be ideal?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years marketing experience in a varied role
- Appetite to continually learn and keep pace with this constantly evolving field
- Experience developing and administering website content, WordPress preferred
- Experience with social media marketing, especially LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience coordinating email marketing and marketing automation
- Experience effectively interacting with vendors and customers
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Understanding of product marketing, particularly for SaaS platforms
- Understanding of marketing’s role in customer service
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, social media platform analytics and email marketing/marketing automation analytics
- Comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Well-organized work style, able to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Good judgment, common sense, situational awareness, sense of humor
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- Understanding of design as an approach to problem-solving
- Understanding of human-centered design methods and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
Rest easy as your care is covered with Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D, and Vision Insurances
- Paid maternity & paternity leave provides time to attend to your most precious development project
- A rested team is a productive team. Recharge periodically with 4 weeks of vacation
- Make matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Develop additional skills and learning with supported professional development
- No worries if you choose not to drive to work with a transportation allowance
- We provide everyone MacBook Pro laptops and whatever equipment needed to support your most productive work
This role is based at LUMA Institute headquarters in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute is the only company in the world dedicated fully — and solely — to empowering individuals, teams and organizations to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation — a unique and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
We offer custom innovation programs for large organizations, acclaimed public workshops in cities worldwide, and a unique digital platform, LUMAworkplace.com, used by innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents. We work with organizations of all types, sizes and sectors — business, government, non-profit and education, with impact and outcome demonstrated in client success stories.
LUMA’s vision is simple — to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.