Why you should join LUMA
- Are you someone who wants to make things better?
- Do you love creating well-designed experiences for others?
- Want to learn the most practical, flexible, and versatile approach to innovation in the world?
- How do you feel about working remotely, receiving a monthly stipend to maintain your home office, and having your healthcare benefits fully covered by your employer?
If this resonates with you, we want you to be part of our team!
LUMA empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System, a unique framework for human-centered design. LUMA equips people to be creative, collaborative problem solvers through our world-class learning programs and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. Our aspiration is to equip 1 million people in the next 5 years to be confident and capable designers doing their best, most inspiring work. Join us! Let’s make things better, together.
How you will contribute
- Act as a liaison between the various stakeholders and external clients to enable their best work, including but not limited to:
- Schedule and staff in-person and online events and programs in alignment with Company calendar and resource availability.
- Configure event invitations, communications, software access, and other feasible requests to meet client needs.
- Communicate program statuses and logistical details for shipments, venues, and technology requirements.
- Resolve client or participant inquiries and concerns by responding in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Confirm travel logistics and communicate details to internal staff.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
What you need to know
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) prior years of customer service, event planning or related experience required.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively on a virtual platform and scheduling events or meetings with clients.
- Demonstrated experience in a professional work environment responding to customer/client concerns.
- Prior sales support experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in tech.
Things that might help
- Understanding and/or willingness to learn design as an approach to problem-solving
- Being human-centered in your approach to all things
- Experience working in a global business environment
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute was created around a clear purpose: to empower everyone to make things better. LUMA is dedicated to helping individuals, teams, and organizations innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the “LUMA System of Innovation,” a unique and scalable system of human-centered design. We have reached innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents through our custom innovation programs for large organizations, public workshops that are open to all, and our digital platform, LUMA Workplace. We work with organizations of all types, sizes, and sectors – business, government, nonprofit, and education. Let’s make things better, together.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural, and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills, and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services, and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability – The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination.
EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish. To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf