Note: This position is open to applicants from Pennsylvania, Virginia and Oregon with the option to work remotely from those states.
Are you someone who wants to make things better?
Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation to empower people by transforming the way they work. As the Instructor Scheduling and Staffing Coordinator for a company that innovates with world-class design thinking training, you will support Instructor staffing efforts for optimum Instructor delivery of Human-Centered Design to LUMA clients. Work remotely, collaborating with our Pittsburgh staff and global clients.
What will I do?
- Program and Workshop Staffing & Scheduling. Support the staffing and execution of LUMA programs and workshops; Develop LUMA’s approach for assigning staff to in-person and virtual events globally, with primary focus on North American staffing execution; and correspond directly with our extended team of instructors to secure staff for our in-person events.
- Instructor Program Staffing Operations. Collaborate with Senior Program Directors and Teaching & Learning Team to assign staff to programs and virtual course offerings; Collaborate with LUMA Instructor Community Manager to determine Instructor or Coach optimum match for various types of workshops and virtual sessions; Provide travel budget (cost and hours) along with other guidance as needed; and assist Delivery Lead to identify areas for quality improvement while providing tracking and reporting on staff utilization.
LUMA is consistently looking to make things better for our Instructors and clients while responding to the changing needs of our business. We will be counting on you to help us respond to “front of house” needs by creating and vetting “back of house” systems.
This is an ideal role for a person who is passionate about the structure, process and scheduling behind delivering transformative experiences. We champion a human-centered approach in everything we do.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Well organized. Excels with extremely detail-oriented responsibilities, manages time and priorities well.
- Excellent communication. Demonstrates strong communication abilities that range in style and channel depending upon the audience, including working with different time zones.
- Highly collaborative. Works well with a wide variety of teams, clients, engineers, designers, and other related roles.
- Proactive. Always looks to add value, whether it is improving current processes or suggesting new ones.
What additional skills and experience might make me stand out?
- Minimum three to five (3-5) prior years of talent staffing in an environment with heavy travel demands or related experience required. (This is not a recruiting role.)
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Google Docs, Trello, MURAL, Zoom, etc. and familiarity with the event management service Eventbrite.
- Experience with and interest in human-centered design.
At LUMA we take care of our people and reward them with some great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work arrangement, including the possibility of regular work-from-home days
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment as needed for your role
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute is the only company in the world dedicated fully – and solely – to empowering individuals, teams and organization to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation – a unique and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
We offer custom innovation programs for large organizations, acclaimed public workshops in cities worldwide, and a unique digital platform, LUMA Workplace, used by innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents. We work with organizations of all types, sizes and sectors – business, government, non-profit and education. LUMA’s vision is simple –to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf