Are you someone who wants to make things better?
Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation to empower people by transforming the way they work. As an Instructor for a company that innovates across 70 countries and six continents with world-class design thinking training, you will deliver remote experiences focused on Human-Centered Design to LUMA clients and potential clients.
At LUMA, Instructors are:
- Knowledgeable and articulate. They have a wealth of experience to pull from, combined with excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. They understand how to tailor messages to all levels of an organization.
- World-class innovators and teachers. Working with clients to establish and nurture a culture of Human-Centered Design, leveraging the LUMA System of Innovation.
- Humble and collaborative. Good listeners are good “bandmates” who enjoy working with each other.
- Empathetic by nature. They build extraordinary client relationships by delivering high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences. We champion a human-centered approach in everything we do.
What will I do?
- Work and engage with clients to establish and nurture a culture of Human-Centered Design, while deepening enterprise relationships by delivering high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences.
- In a remote setting, teach and encourage use of methods from the LUMA System leveraging LUMA Workplace.
- Create an engaging experience and tailor messages to different audiences with varying levels of interest within an organization.
- Encourage participants to share stories of their application of the LUMA System and provide guidance on LUMA Method mechanics, facilitation tips, and how to engage others in the organization.
- Contribute to the development of resources to support the training and certification of instructors, including blog posts and application case stories.
- Evaluate the quality of each experience, and provide insight and feedback.
What experience, skills and qualities would be ideal?
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience applying Design Thinking to your work; in an organizational context is preferred
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years’ of prior experience in an Instructor role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Social Sciences or related field required
- Experience coaching others on how to create project plans while applying Human-Centered Design preferred
- Well-organized work style, able to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines with the ability to excel in a collaborative fast-paced environment
- Experience with virtual communication technology platforms (Zoom, WebEx, etc.), collaboration tools (Google Suite, Trello, etc.), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Instructors work remotely, no relocation required
- Ability to work outside core business hours as needed
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work arrangement, including the possibility of regular work-from-home days
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment needed for your role
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute is the only company in the world dedicated fully – and solely – to empowering individuals, teams and organization to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation – a unique and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
We offer custom innovation programs for large organizations, acclaimed public workshops in cities worldwide, and a unique digital platform, LUMA Workplace, used by innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents. We work with organizations of all types, sizes and sectors – business, government, non-profit and education. LUMA’s vision is simple –to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.