Are you someone who wants to make things better?
Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation to empower people by transforming the way they work. As a Facilitator for a company that innovates across 70 countries and six continents, you will deliver world-class instruction of human-centered design to our clients around the world.
At LUMA, Facilitators are:
- Knowledgeable and articulate. They have a wealth of experience to pull from, combined with excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. They understand how to tailor messages to all levels of an organization.
- World-class innovators and teachers. Working with clients to establish and nurture a culture of human-centered design, leveraging the LUMA System of Innovation.
- Forward thinkers. Focused on the “future of work” enablement and thinking like a company bringing about the “future of work.”
- Humble and collaborative. Good listeners are good “bandmates” who enjoy working with each other.
- Empathetic by nature. They build extraordinary client relationships by delivering high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences. We champion a human-centered approach in everything we do.
What will I do?
- Introduce the LUMA System to those who are new to human-centered design or design thinking.
- Create an engaging experience for different audiences with varying levels of interest and experience.
- Help participants make connections back to their daily work; encouraging application of the LUMA System to people’s professional and personal challenges.
- Listen to participants share stories of their application of the LUMA System and provide guidance on LUMA Method mechanics, facilitation tips, and how to engage others in the organization.
- Work with other Facilitators to deliver multi-day experiences; both online and in-person.
What experience, skills and qualities would be ideal?
- Accomplished design thinking professional with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience applying human-centered design/design thinking to your work; in an organizational context is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years’ of prior facilitation experience.
- Experience coaching others on how to create project plans while applying human-centered design.
- Ability to work outside core business hours as needed; including overnight travel.
- Experience with virtual communication technology platforms, collaboration tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Social Sciences or related field required.
How to apply
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume and cover letter. This position requires excellent writing skills; your cover letter and resume are very good opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.
About LUMA Institute
LUMA Institute is the only company in the world dedicated fully – and solely – to empowering individuals, teams and organization to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation – a unique and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
We offer custom innovation programs for large organizations, acclaimed public workshops in cities worldwide, and a unique digital platform, LUMA Workplace, used by innovators in more than 70 countries on six continents. We work with organizations of all types, sizes and sectors – business, government, non-profit and education. LUMA’s vision is simple –to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity, and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills, and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services, and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, visit this page.