LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations around the globe rely on the LUMA System to infuse creativity, collaboration and more effective problem-solving skills into their culture through best-in-class learning programs and a digital platform of human-centered design resources.
As a company built on human-centered beliefs and values, we view diversity, equity and inclusion as sources of strength and inspiration. We are committed to attracting, retaining and supporting a workforce that reflects the world around us. We believe that nurturing a diverse, multicultural and welcoming environment helps each of us bring our unique backgrounds, skills and experiences to the work we do as a team, and to the products, services and experiences we offer our clients around the world.
The newly created Director of People Experience & Workforce Diversity role will establish and execute a strategic plan for employee programs in areas including recruitment, onboarding, diversity and inclusion programs, and engagement throughout the employee life cycle to create and maintain a positive, rewarding work environment.
Reporting to the CFO/COO and serving as a member of LUMA’s Leadership team, this role will assume accountability for the design and implementation of internal inclusion initiatives, as well as contributing thought leadership to client and community-based initiatives around equity and equality.
- Conduct research and provide insight on employment trends and strategies related to diversity, equity and inclusion, including appropriate benchmarks; incorporate this knowledge into LUMA strategy and internal awareness initiatives.
- Manage workforce diversity programs, track deliverables, facilitate committee meetings and provide guidance; Maintain the affirmative action program.
- Partner with LUMA Marketing to regularly communicate internal and external diversity and inclusion initiatives, including a strategic recruitment plan that promotes a diverse workforce.
- Oversee the total rewards programs including full spectrum of benefits administration and compensation program compliance; Liaise with benefits brokers, payroll providers, HRIS and related HR vendors to ensure continual efficiency and maximize their service to LUMA.
- Maintain and communicate employment policies and employee handbook.
- Conduct investigations and provide guidance on appropriate handling of employee relations and performance issues; facilitate resolutions to workplace conflicts.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate employment laws, including EOE-related laws, FLSA, ERISA and NLRA; Understand and leverage compliance resources for an international workforce.
- Assess and improve employee culture through ongoing communications with staff, workplace surveys, focus groups and related initiatives.
- Work collaboratively marketing and communications colleagues to build out and support an internal communications program.
- Oversee staff training and development programs.
Minimum qualifications (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred including HR, Public Policy or Social Work; Masters degree, SHRM or HRCI certification strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of employment and benefits laws and compliance requirements.
- A minimum of 7 years related HR experience, at least 5 of these years in a management role. Experience managing HR in an international organization is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with coaching and counseling employees, performance management, employee engagement, compensation, and benefits.
- Experience implementing and administering performance programs, preferably in a company that put strong emphasis on performance metrics.
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills.
- Experience and skills managing an HR budget, vendors and contracts.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
- Experience managing and administering an HRIS system.
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility and willingness to work closely with our senior management team.
This remote position requires a consistently reliable, secure internet connection, and a private, dedicated workspace appropriate for professional level work and one that secures the privacy of our data and systems.
At LUMA, we take care of our team and reward them with competitive salaries, generous benefits and great perks.
LUMA Institute is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. For each job opportunity at LUMA, we consider all qualified job candidates without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We look forward to receiving your application.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume.