LUMA Institute provides training, resources and services for large organizations to scale design thinking across their workforce, usually thousands of people in multiple locations around the world. Helping our clients succeed requires sustained efforts inside the enterprise to build awareness, generate interest and drive engagement.
We are looking for a polished marketing and communications professional to help advocates of LUMA programs within enterprises build awareness, excitement and momentum for their design thinking program. This role will work directly with clients to provide guidance, resources and implementation assistance, and will collaborate with the LUMA senior program directors, who manage the overall client relationship, to drive LUMA growth metrics including client engagement, program expansion, revenue and renewals.
This position is part of LUMA’s marketing team and reports to the director of marketing.
What will I do?
- Develop best practices guidelines, templates and boilerplate messaging to support clients in their use of internal communication channels, such as intranet, email, social platforms, forums, team meetings, expos, etc.
- Work directly with clients to provide guidance, resources and content (text, photos, illustrations, videos, infographics, etc.) they can use to promote LUMA programs inside their organizations.
- Ensure LUMA’s compliance with client internal communication rules, preferences and protocols.
- Oversee client resource website, including 1.) development of site functions and content and 2.) day-to-day, hands-on management of the microsite
- Collaborate as part of LUMA’s marketing team to develop marketing content for client internal use
- Collaborate with client relationship managers to develop and build resources and tools for use with clients who are scaling a LUMA program
- Engage regularly with client relationship managers to understand evolving relationships and opportunities for growth
- Help clients identify and develop internal success stories; pursue opportunities to share those success stories on public-facing channels, including writing articles for a LUMA blog
- Create and manage a regular email newsletter for client program advocates
- Use analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to measure the impact of client engagement
- Establish key client success metrics and provide regular reports combining data reporting and anecdotal evidence of impact
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to continually improve LUMA offerings and develop new ones, particularly for enterprise clients
- Manage marketing aspects of client internal expos, fairs and similar events, including travel to some events
- Assist sales team on calls when appropriate to describe resources and support available to enterprise clients scaling a program
- Conduct video calls with international clients and client relationship managers, occasionally requiring early morning or evening schedule flexibility
What experience, skills and qualities would be ideal?
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field; MBA a plus
- 5-7 years marketing and communications experience, including 3-4 years in client-facing roles
- Polished and highly professional interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with client representatives at all levels
- Exceptional writing skills across formats including email, short- and long-form blog posts, case studies, social media posts, video scripts, step-by-step how-to material, thought leadership pieces
- Excellent storytelling skills; journalism experience a plus
- Broad working knowledge of marketing and communication strategies and tactics, including email, social media platforms, video, messaging platforms, internal groups
- Experience with internal communications including best practices and common technology platforms, such as SharePoint, Yammer, Slack, Headspace, Staffbase
- Demonstrated experience with:
- content strategy, development and production
- planning, producing and distributing email newsletter
- website content management, WordPress preferred
- marketing analytics tools, including Google Analytics
- Experience working with UI/UX designers and website developers
- Well-organized work style, ability to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Good judgment, common sense, situational awareness, sense of humor
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- Understanding of design as an approach to problem-solving
- Familiarity with human-centered design methods and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
At LUMA, we take care of our people and reward them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment as needed for your role
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume and cover letter. This position requires excellent writing skills; your cover letter and resume are very good opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.