Are you someone who wants to make things better?
LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work.
We are seeking a new team member (location is flexible nationally) who is passionate about developing client relationships through their adoption of the LUMA System of Innovation. This is an ideal role for a strategic account manager who is prepared to partner with clients to design and deliver large-scale culture change programs while serving as a lead instructor and coach.
At LUMA, Senior Program Directors are:
- World-class designers, innovators, and teachers. Working with clients around the world to establish and nurture a culture of Human-Centered Design, leveraging the LUMA System of Innovation.
- Enterprising by nature. They blend ingenuity with business acumen. They enjoy identifying, shepherding and executing on new business opportunities.
- Extraordinary relationship managers. They take pleasure in building strategic partnerships and being attentive to the day-to-day needs of clients and partners.
- Knowledgeable and articulate. They have a wealth of experience to pull from, combined with excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills. They understand how to tailor messages to all levels of an organization.
- Humble and collaborative. They are good listeners and “bandmates” who enjoy working with each other.
What will I do?
- Deliver high-quality, delightful, and engaging client experiences from ideation to negotiation and through delivery.
- Translate clients’ needs, crafting, negotiating and delivering engaging and effective programs.
- Manage multiple large, complex relationships while incubating new business simultaneously.
- Collaborate with product, design, and technology to improve and evolve our product offering to meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Coordinate with internal support in finance and operations.
- Drive sales/revenue with agreed upon goals/targets.
- Serve as a LUMA lead instructor, facilitator, and coach.
- Travel approximately 30% of the time.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You must have at least 7 years of experience working in a design, innovation, account management or business development related role, potentially with some expertise in establishing and leading programs that have helped organization build a competence in human-centered design.
- You must practice and be competent in the fundamentals of Human-Centered Design or Design Thinking.
- You must exhibit strong partnership acumen, expertly working internally across LUMA as well as within our client’s organizations to drive to successful outcomes.
- You must have strong negotiation skills, with an ability to establish and strengthen client relationships over time, maximizing value for our clients and for LUMA, as well as maintain a high client retention rate.
- You are a skilled design thinking practitioner with deep expertise planning and facilitating high-profile engagements.
What other attributes might help me stand out?
- You have strong relationship management skills, resulting in a win/win for the client and your respective organization.
- Your past projects show how your solution changed an existing situation into a preferred one.
- You have past experience teaching, facilitating, and/or leading others.
- You have experience working within a culture to create systematic change.
- You have the ability to close business.
We take care of our people and reward them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Rest easy as your care is covered with Health, Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D, and Vision Insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave provides time to attend to your most precious development project
- Recharge periodically with 4 weeks of vacation
- Incredible work space and amenities centrally located in downtown Pittsburgh
- Flexible work arrangement
- Make matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Develop additional skills and learning with supported professional development
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- We provide everyone MacBook Pro laptops and whatever equipment needed to support your most productive work.
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume and cover letter. This position requires excellent writing skills; your cover letter and resume are very good opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.