Are you someone who wants to make things better?
LUMA Institute empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. This role will collaborate with LUMA Program Directors and serve as a liaison with LUMA Clients while assisting these leading organizations around the globe with the delivery of trainings and programming for the LUMA System of Innovation.
What will I do?
- Workshop & Program Coordination. Manage the day-to-day operations of our client and public programs; correspond directly with clients and internal partners to schedule workshops and add them to our internal calendar.
- Public Event Coordination. Manage public event registrations and payments, and oversee invoicing and expense reporting. Lend support for the logistics of each event, securing venues, and catering. Work with LUMA Customer Experience team to respond to customer questions.
- Support Sales and Account Relationship Managers. Work directly with Senior Program directors in the field to respond to sales leads, coordinate with clients and manage follow-up tasks.
- “Point of Contact” for internal communication about Workshops. Maintain internal spreadsheets, CRM tools, and/or other systems to convey accurate and timely data needed by the Staffing , Operations & Shipping, and Finance teams.
- Manage Check-in Process. LUMA hosts Check-in calls with participants following the workshop. Enroll participants into our Digital Platform, send reminder emails, track Check-in attendance and answer participant questions. (There are several of these per week.)
This is an ideal role for a person who is passionate about the structure, process, and scheduling behind delivering transformative experiences. We champion a human-centered approach in everything we do.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Experience. Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience performing customer service, event planning, or sales support.
- Well organized. Excels with extremely detail-oriented responsibilities, manages time and priorities well.
- Excellent communication. Demonstrates strong communication abilities that range in style and channel depending upon the audience, including working with different time zones.
- Highly collaborative. Works well with a wide variety of teams, clients, engineers, designers, and other related roles.
- Proactive. Always looks to add value, whether it is improving current processes or suggesting new ones.
What additional skills might make me stand out?
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Google Docs, Trello, MURAL, Zoom, etc. and familiarity with the event management service Eventbrite
- Experience working in a global business environment with occasional evening global communication needs
- Experience with and interest in human-centered design
At LUMA we take care of our team and reward them with them with competitive salaries and great perks.
- Health, dental, long- and short-term disability, life, and AD&D, and vision insurances
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- Flexible work arrangement, including the possibility of regular work-from-home days
- Matched contributions through our 401K Retirement Plan
- Professional development support
- Parking or public transportation allowance
- Mac laptops and additional equipment as needed for your role
How to apply
To apply, please visit our application page to complete the form and upload your resume and cover letter. This position requires excellent writing skills; your cover letter and resume are very good opportunities to demonstrate your abilities.
The “EEO is the Law” poster, prepared by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), summarizes these laws and explains how an employee or applicant can file a complaint if s/he believes that s/he has been the victim of discrimination. EEOC’s poster is available in English, Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster, click here.